By Alistair Pritchard – Specialist Consultant, Altron Security
We live in challenging times where the trust we place on businesses to handle our sensitive information appropriately is constantly under question. There is a good reason for this.
With privacy now top of mind, businesses, government organizations and others are now compelled to get ahead of new privacy mandates and ensure that the risk is removed, but this is clearly a daunting challenge.
Each business needs to be ready to comply with today’s privacy mandates, but the benefits of achieving new value creation from the safe handling of sensitive data is a great opportunity, instead of becoming another casualty of the fines, penalties, and remediation that result from non-compliance. The privacy challenge is upon us and responsible businesses must act.
- Consumers are more aware than ever before, of the impact of data privacy on their lives. They are aware that their personal data is a currency and are thinking carefully about the trade-offs of sharing this data.
- Legislation like GDPR & POPI are making privacy an expectation / norm amongst consumers
- Companies that have adjusted their business practices are already establishing the precedent and brands that do not adapt quickly, will start to lose credibility with consumers.
With Altron Security to help simplify your privacy journey, no matter what phase you are in and as privacy mandates evolve, we can help you accelerate privacy controls from data discovery through to archiving and audit.
We have five critical technology capabilities, to support you through the compliance journey. It is flexible to meet the needs of broad privacy legislation for different phases of maturity and specific enough to offer a step-by-step guide to achieving compliance.
A single technology framework for global compliance:
We offer a broad, comprehensive solution to accelerate and streamline privacy compliance to your needs.
It is based on a solution framework which is today helping customers meet stringent compliance (like GDPR/POPI), five critical technology capabilities help support an integrated solution approach to jump-start your privacy journey.
The approach is flexible enough to meet the requirements of a broad range of privacy applications and compliance legislation for organizations that start out at different stages of maturity, but also specific enough to offer a guide to achieving compliance by aligning to products and technologies that help you, each step of the way.
The five critical capabilities:
- Defensible Disposition – Automatically identify structured and unstructured data for disposition that may be subject to privacy rights to erasure requirements, leading to lower storage costs and lower risk.
- Backup and Recovery – Combine real-time analytics and guided optimization to help make sure information is backed up at the right time, in the right way, on the right medium to deliver cost savings while meeting privacy requirements.
- Encryption – Provide a proven, standards-based approach that meets criteria for use of data masking to protect personal data, without breaking existing business process.
- Breach Detection, Response and Reporting – Enable analysts to investigate alerts faster and with better insights using analytics-driven, guided investigation tools, accelerating detection and remediation to comply with notification guidelines.
- Breach Prevention – Find known and unknown threats in real-time through powerful correlation and context, integrated with the leading user behaviour analytics solution. Close security gaps and prevent high value data loss by protecting personal data at data field level, preventing unauthorized access, and automatically identifying application vulnerabilities.
- Policy-Based Governance – Effectively apply and enforce data and identity-based policies to manage information privacy and access, while streamlining and driving cost efficiencies.
- Litigation Management – Maintain legal preparedness by being able to quickly and accurately respond to litigation and investigations with the right information in the right time, lowering risk of data spoliation.