ENABLE COMPLIANCE, REDUCE RISKS AND INCREASE OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY
It has been predicted that by 2020 there will be 50-billion inter-connected devices in the Internet of Things, creating a world that is ever “smarter” and more convenient – but also one needing better and more secure authentication solutions.
Today, people are using multiple devices (often their own, private mobile phones, tablets and computers) to access secure networks. But conventional two-step authentication is inconvenient for users, vulnerable to criminal exploitation and malware, and costly. And the proliferation of devices is only making matters worse.
So how can enterprises, governments and financial institutions be sure of the identity of someone trying to access their network?
Absolutely secure, strong authentication is a single-step, software-based authentication process for issuing, provisioning, managing and authenticating the digital identities of users, mobile phones and computers.
Entrust’s IdentityGuard platform safeguards access to sensitive information and intellectual property, as well as physical property, addressing a broad range of needs that include:
- Physical and logical access
- VPN access
- Transaction verification
- Digital signatures
- Federation to cloud-hosted applications
- It turns mobile devices into easy-to-use authenticators, eliminating the need for security features such as smartcards and one-time passcodes
- It allows for easy mobile device management (MDM) integration on existing networks
- The easy-to-use IdentityGuard software development kit (SDK) allows for strong authentication to be embedded in mobile banking applications, simply and securely protecting users when their password is compromised
- It defeats malware through the proven defence of identity-assured transacting
- It allows users to securely access cloud-based applications such as Google Docs
- It offers mobile digital signatures and encryption